Policy Details Page
Policy No. 2413
The Tacoma School District No. 10 is committed to assuring that all high school graduates are provided with acceptable options for meeting high school graduation requirements. The district shall adopt core academic course equivalencies for high school Career and Technical Education courses, provided that the Career and Technical Education course has been reviewed and approved for equivalency credit by a district team appointed by the superintendent or a designee.
The district team shall include an administrator representing the Curriculum and Instruction Department, a Career and Technical Education administrator, an instructor from the core academic subject area, an instructor from the appropriate Career and Technical Education program, and a high school counselor.
Career and Technical Education courses approved for equivalency must meet the following criteria:
- Include the state’s essential academic learning requirements and grade level expectations; and
- Provide instruction aligned with current industry standards and/or meeting needs defined by the Career and Technical Education advisory committee.
- Policy 2410 High School Graduation Requirements
- WAC 392-410 Courses of Study and Equivalencies WAC 180-51 High School Graduation Requirements RCW 28A.230.120 High School Diplomas—Issuance—Option to receive final transcripts—Notice.
- Management Resources: Policy News, August 2006 Legislature Codifies Course Equivalency for Career and Technical Courses
Adoption Date: 04/26/07
- policy handbook
- policy manual