Policy Details Page
Policy No. 2165
Upon request from a parent, guardian, or an adult student, home or hospital instruction shall be provided to students who are unable to attend school for an estimated period of 4 weeks or more because of disability or illness. A written statement from a qualified medical practitioner verifying that the student will not be able to attend school for an estimated period of four weeks or more shall accompany the request. The Tacoma School District No. 10 shall not pay for any costs incurred in securing the medical verification.
The superintendent is authorized to develop and implement the necessary regulations for the administration of this policy.
- Board Policy 2161 Education of Students with Disabilities
- Board Policy 2162 Education of Students with Disabilities Under
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- WAC 392-171-486 Placement options--Selection--Required considerations
- WAC 392-122-145 State Handicapped Program--Home and Hospital Care
Adoption Date: 1/27/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual