Policy Details Page
Policy No. 2150
The board recognizes that the goals and objectives of the district can best be achieved by providing a broad offering of purposeful learning experiences, some of which are more appropriately conducted outside of the approved curriculum of the district. Such activities shall ordinarily be conducted wholly or partly outside the regular school day and shall be available to all students who voluntarily elect to participate. The co-curricular program encompasses approved curriculum-related activities.
The principal is authorized to approve curriculum-related activities that are not part of the Associated Student Body program and shall make school facilities available for them and designate staff members to support and supervise them.
The superintendent is authorized to develop and implement the necessary regulations for the administration of this policy.
- Board Policy 2151 Interscholastic Athletics
- 20 U.S.C. § 4074 Equal Access Act
- RCW 28A.600.200 Interschool Athletic and Other Extra-Curricular Activities for Students, Regulation of--Delegation, Conditions
- RCW 28A.640.020 Regulations, Guidelines to Eliminate Discrimination--Scope
- WAC 392-138-010 Definitions 392-138-030(2a) Powers--Authority and policy of the board of directors
- WAC 392-190-030 General--Recreational and Athletic Activities--Equal Opportunity Factors Considered
- WAC 392-190-040 Recreational and Athletic Activities-- Student Interest--Required Survey Instrument
Adoption Date: 1/27/00
- policy handbook
- policy manual