Policy Details Page
Policy No. 2133
The school board recognizes the cultural diversity of students, staff, parents and community members of our school district and acknowledges the educational importance of valuing the diversity of all people in our pluralistic society. Diversity includes but is not limited to: race, religion, gender, culture, age, physically challenged and all other perceived differences.
The board recognizes that diversity-multicultural education is an interdisciplinary process to be integrated into the total school program rather than a single, one-time event or series of activities.
To this end the board is committed to and supportive of the following:
- The inherent dignity and the equal and inalienable rights of all students and staff.
- The right to and responsibility for an educational environment which extends equal rights to all without discrimination through its policies and practices.
- Universal respect for and observance of these rights to ensure that all students are provided a school and classroom environment in which they are free to learn, encouraged to accept and respect themselves and to treat others with dignity and respect.
- A culturally diverse staff and representatives on district committees.
- An education of superior quality for all students that includes a greater appreciation of and respect for human individuality and cultural differences and similarities which contribute to our democratic nation as a whole, and more particularly the cultural contributions that make up our community.
- Making training in diversity-multicultural education issues available.
The superintendent will integrate the purposes and aims of diversity-multicultural education into all aspects of the school program.
The superintendent is authorized to develop and implement the necessary regulations for the administration of this policy.
Adoption Date: 1/27/00
- Multicultural Education
- policy handbook
- policy manual