Policy Details Page
Policy No. 1440
The Board of Directors
The secretary of the board shall record the minutes of all board meetings. Minutes become official after approval by the board and shall be retained as a permanent record of the district. When issues are discussed that may require a detailed record, the board may direct the secretary to record the discussion verbatim. Such verbatim records shall be maintained on file for a period of six (6) years. Any other verbatim records of a meeting shall be destroyed after the minutes have been approved. Minutes shall be comprehensive and shall show:
- The date, time and place of the meeting.
- The presiding officer.
- Members in attendance.
- Items discussed during the meeting and the results of any voting that may have occurred.
- Action to recess for an executive session with a general statement of the purpose.
- Time of adjournment.
Unofficial minutes shall be delivered to board members in advance of the next regularly scheduled meeting of the board and shall also be available to other interested citizens. Minutes need not be read publicly, provided that members have had an opportunity to review them before adoption.
A file of permanent minutes of all board meetings will be maintained in the office of the board secretary to be made available for inspection upon the request.
- Board Policy 6570 Records Management
- RCW 28A.400.030 Superintendent's duties
- RCW 42.32.030 Public meetings--Minutes
- RCW 40.14.070 Destruction of local records
Adoption Date: 3/11/99
- School Board
- board minutes
- board of director
- meeting minutes