Joint Municipal Action Committee
Regional collaboration through the Joint Municipal Action Committee
Tacoma Public Schools is a member of the Joint Municipal Action Committee (JMAC), an intergovernmental consortium focused on creating a resilient, anti-racist community. JMAC, which generally meets on the second Friday of each month, was established in the 1970s as a venue for elected officials to collaborate.
JMAC’s eight members are: City of Tacoma, Metro Parks Tacoma, Tacoma Public Schools, Pierce County, Puyallup Tribe of Indians, Port of Tacoma, Pierce Transit, and the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department. Agendas, meeting minutes, presentations and more can be found here.
JMAC concentrates its collective work under three strategic themes:
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI): Innovation in this area reduces systemic racism, sexism, and other biases that hold our community back.
- ·Public Health and Safety: Innovation in this area reduces vulnerability to health, wellness, and safety challenges.
- Community Wealth Building: Innovation in this area aids local entrepreneurism and wealth accumulation.
Our 2023 Representatives on JMAC
- School Board President Elizabeth Bonbright, Member
- School Board Vice President Korey Strozier, Member