If you are interested in being considered as a subcontractor for the upcoming Bryant Montessori K-8 School Replacement Project, please visit the Tacoma Public Schools Purchasing website, go to the Bonfire link, and register as an interested subcontractor. (How to register for Bonfire instructions.)
This will put you on a list that potential prime contractors bidding the project will see, and you can also show if your business could be considered as qualifying for one of the Tacoma Public Schools Community Inclusion goal categories. (Qualifying in a goal category is not required to register as an interested subcontractor.)
- If you would like to learn more about the project, there is an optional (virtual) pre-submittal project information meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022. The Zoom link can be found in the Bonfire Procurement Portal for this project.
- The Bonfire Procurement Portal also shows you what contractors are looking at the project or planning to bid in case you choose to reach out with one-pagers or other marketing materials.
Tacoma Public Schools is currently soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified Design-Builders to provide design-build services for the design and construction of a replacement school on the existing site of the current Bryant Montessori K-8 School (BMS).
As part of that work, we ask prime contractors responding to major capital projects to create an inclusion plan showing how they can meet or exceed Tacoma Public Schools’ Community Inclusion goals, which are as follows:
- 10% certified minority-owned businesses
- 6% certified woman-owned businesses
- 5% small business enterprises
- 30% local businesses (Tacoma and Pierce County)
About Tacoma Schools
Tacoma Public Schools is the only district designated an Innovation Zone by Washington State. A leader in implementing innovative schools and programs to meet the diverse needs of every student, every day, TPS serves approximately 30,000 students from preschool to grade 12 and at nearly 5000 employees is one of the largest employers in Tacoma. Learn more...