Hunt Middle School is in schematic design, the earliest piece of design work on a project. The BCRA design team has created three goals to guide the development of building’s new two-story design, which will accommodate 600 students:
- To welcome students, staff, and engage the community by encouraging discovery.
- To transform the student experience and the spaces in which they learn by embracing the whimsical.
- To connect students and staff to each other and their environment through a customizable framework.
In designing Hunt, BCRA plans to create a unique design with flexible spaces that embrace arts and sciences; use design and graphics as a teaching tool; and make good use of the large campus with sculptural landscapes that accommodate outdoor learning spaces.
Take a look at the site plan and some interior and exterior design concepts.
As part of the design process, BCRA met with students at Stewart Middle School and Wainwright Intermediate School to gather their input:
- Students requested a more welcoming entry when they arrive at school in the morning. They also wanted this to be a space where they could connect with their peers before entering the school.
- Students enjoy having visual connections to other happenings at the school, but they need to be limited and controlled so that classroom spaces feel safe and secure.
- Students create most of their memories in social spaces, where they can connect with their peers. They preferred spaces with seating and liked using such spaces for both academic collaboration and play.
- As students transform during their time in middle school, they also want to be able to transform the space they spent three years in. They suggested incorporating a subtle way for them to leave a permanent mark at their school.
BCRA is using that student feedback, along with that of the Design Advisory Committee (parents, principals and community members) to further the design.
Hunt is expected to open in fall 2021.
Translate Our Website
Translate this page by clicking the flag button in the bottom right corner and selecting your preferred language.
Traduzca esta página haciendo clic en el botón de la bandera en la esquina inferior derecha y seleccionando su idioma preferido.
Dịch trang này bằng cách nhấp vào nút gắn cờ ở góc dưới cùng bên phải và chọn ngôn ngữ ưa thích của bạn.
오른쪽 하단에 있는 플래그 버튼을 클릭하고 원하는 언어를 선택하여 이 페이지를 번역합니다.
Перекладіть цю сторінку, натиснувши кнопку прапора в нижньому правому куті та вибравши потрібну мову.
Переведите эту страницу, нажав на кнопку с флагом в правом нижнем углу и выбрав желаемый язык.
Our Communications Department serves as a liaison to the community and provides various services to promote effective communication and partnerships. Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 253-571-1015.
Chief Communications Officer
Assistant Director of Communications