Welcome back Skyline Skyhawks! Sept. 8th marks the first day back at Skyline Elementary School for grades 1-5 (the first day of Kindergarten is Sept. 13th).
To help get ready for the year, the Skyline staff welcome students and parents to a Meet & Greet event on Tuesday, September 7th from 3-4 p.m. At the event, students can:
- Meet teachers and staff
- See the classroom
- Drop off school supplies
Skyline Principal Regina Lake and staff are excited for the first day of school. Please remember to wear a mask inside the school building.
Skyline 2021-2022 bell schedule
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Free meals for students in 2021-22 school year
All TPS students will receive free breakfasts and lunches again this year.
Where to catch the bus, drop off and pick up students
Get bus stop locations and pick up times from the Transportation page as stops and times may change.
School buses will drop off students at the front of the building. To register your student for a bus stop, contact Skyline’s office secretary, Milanne Tomter by phone or email at (253) 571-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student drop off, pick up
The drop off and pick up routine remains the same as last year.
- Students can be dropped off as early as at 8:40 a.m. at the playground, 9:40 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- K, 2-5 grade students will line up on the playground and wait for their teacher to bring them inside. 1st grade students will line up next to the black gate by the 1st grade wing.
- When school is dismissed, students will be released on the playground.
About Tacoma Schools
Tacoma Public Schools is the only district designated an Innovation Zone by Washington State. A leader in implementing innovative schools and programs to meet the diverse needs of every student, every day, TPS serves approximately 30,000 students from preschool to grade 12 and at nearly 5000 employees is one of the largest employers in Tacoma. Learn more...