This school year, TPS families can use MySchoolBucks to pay for everything from ASB fees and yearbooks to class materials and extra items in the cafeteria.
To get started on MySchoolBucks, follow these steps:
- Register on the district’s Family App.
- In the Family App, follow the link to MySchoolBucks. The Family App will automatically log you in and link you to your child’s account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your payment information.
- Parents can continue to access MySchoolBucks through the Family App or can access their accounts through the MySchoolBucks mobile app or online version.
When you use MySchoolBucks, you can browse your school’s store as well as pay all fees or fines.
What can you pay for in MySchoolBucks?
- School apparel
- Before- and after-school programs
- ASB fees
- Club fees and dues
- Class fees and materials
- Camp fees
- Transportation passes
- Meals (see below)
Meals and MySchoolBucks
Meals are free to all students in the 2021-22 school year. Starting later this year, middle and high school students will be able to buy additional food items using their MySchoolBucks account. Funds in a student’s existing meal account will get transferred to their MySchoolBucks account.
You can also use MySchoolBucks to receive low balance alerts, set up automatic payments, and set daily/weekly spending limits.
Questions? Contact your school’s office coordinator.
About Tacoma Schools
Tacoma Public Schools is the only district designated an Innovation Zone by Washington State. A leader in implementing innovative schools and programs to meet the diverse needs of every student, every day, TPS serves approximately 30,000 students from preschool to grade 12 and at nearly 5000 employees is one of the largest employers in Tacoma. Learn more...