Our usual school vision and hearing screenings are on hold due to the pandemic. However, you can schedule an individual vision or hearing screening appointment for your child by contacting your child’s school.
During the appointment, please follow these steps to ensure the health and safety of yourself, your child, other students, the school nurse and other building staff:
- Go to the school only on your child’s appointment date.
- Stay home and reschedule the appointment if you or your child is ill.
- Complete a health survey at the school (if you answer “yes” to any questions on the survey, you’ll have to reschedule your appointment).
- Keep a distance of 6 feet between people at the school.
- Wear a cloth face covering or a more protective mask in the school.
- Limit the visit to one guardian per student.
- Plan for a 15- to 20-minute appointment and leave immediately afterward to allow the nurse to clean equipment between appointments and prevent people from congregating.
- Consult with your health care provider before your appointment if you or your child is considered high risk for health problems from COVID-19.
About Tacoma Schools
Tacoma Public Schools is the only district designated an Innovation Zone by Washington State. A leader in implementing innovative schools and programs to meet the diverse needs of every student, every day, TPS serves approximately 30,000 students from preschool to grade 12 and at nearly 5000 employees is one of the largest employers in Tacoma. Learn more...