Join us for a historic graduation ceremony unlike any before!
We’re excited to celebrate more than 2,000 Tacoma students' high school graduations with friends, family, and the community.
All seniors will get six tickets for in-person graduation at Mount Tahoma’s outdoor stadium, George Nordi Field.
We wish we could all be in the same space together, but as we continue to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, we invite extended family and friends to join us online as we celebrate our amazing Class of 2021.
Sign up to receive Facebook notifications of LIVE graduation broadcasts
Graduations will be broadcast on the Tacoma Public Schools Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tacomaschools/. Remember to click "Like" and "Follow" on our Facebook page to receive notifications on your phone when the graduation starts.
For those who need closed captions, you can watch the Livestream on our district YouTube June 3, and on our website at http://bit.ly/tpstv25 for all other events. For local friends and family without internet service, ceremonies will be broadcast on KTPS TV Comcast Channel 26 or Click/Rainier Connect Channel 25.
Important in-person event information
- We ask that families carpool to the event to ensure there’s enough space for everyone in the parking lot. Attendants will direct traffic.
- Admission and seating
- You may arrive up to 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Entrance is by ticket only. Each student will receive six tickets to distribute to their guests. Guests must sit together in a group separated from other groups by six feet. Each group will get a seating placement noted on their tickets.
- ADA-accessible seating will be available. People with disabilities will be able to sit with the group their graduate invited.
- All graduates will enter through a designated entrance at the Blue Gate.
- Stadium rules
- Graduation will be outside, rain or shine. Please dress accordingly. Umbrellas will be not permitted.
- Regardless of vaccination status, masks are required for everyone 5 years and older (children ages 2 to 4 should wear face coverings with adult supervision).
- Prohibited items: umbrellas, balloons, confetti, high-heeled shoes, gum, food and drinks (other than the water that will be provided). TPS will provide bottled water at each seat.
- After graduation
- After the ceremony, graduates will exit the stadium first. Guests will follow.
- We are very pleased to be able to provide our seniors a graduation ceremony, but we must follow the state’s guidelines for health and safety, which prohibit people from congregating after a ceremony. Please find your graduate outside the stadium and exit the parking lot as quickly as possible so the next group of graduates and guests can begin their celebration.
|June 9||June 14||June 15|
|Oakland High School Graduation
|Wilson High School Graduation
|Stadium High School Graduation
|Mount Tahoma High School Graduation
|Lincoln High School Graduation
|Foss High School Graduation
Record a video message to share with your grad
We are asking alumni, faculty, staff, fellow students, family members, community leaders, corporate partners and friends of this year’s graduates to record a short video message to share with our graduating Class of 2021. This message can be for students — or for those in specific high schools.
We plan to share the final project on our Tacoma Schools' main social channels during this year’s commencement ceremony.
Instructions on submitting a video
Please follow the guidelines below.
In your recording, please respond to the following prompts:
- Tell us your name as well as your class year and school (if an alum), company, and title (if a corporate partner) or connection to the school. (I.e., I'm a Tiger, Class of 2001, Currently enlisted in the U.S. Army)
- Tell the graduating class why you’re so proud of them.
- Share advice on life after high school and what you love about being a part of your high school.
- Mail your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please avoid mentioning COVID-19, and remember to keep your message positive and uplifting.
When taking your video, please:
- Record your video horizontally.
- Keep your congratulations to 15 seconds or less.
- Position yourself facing a window or outside. If there are bright lights on behind you, please turn them off.
- Look into the lens.
- Tap your face on the phone so the camera will focus and expose correctly for your face.
- Leave a little room above your head and aim to include at least your head and shoulders in the frame.
- Record somewhere with limited background noise, so we can hear you clearly.
- If possible, or helpful, ask someone to hold the camera for you.
- Be sure to wear your school colors and show your pride!
About Tacoma Schools
Tacoma Public Schools is the only district designated an Innovation Zone by Washington State. A leader in implementing innovative schools and programs to meet the diverse needs of every student, every day, TPS serves approximately 30,000 students from preschool to grade 12 and at nearly 5000 employees is one of the largest employers in Tacoma. Learn more...